0113 343 4985
|Subject resources||Getting started||Finding literature||Using literature|
- Find and evaluate websites
- Subject gateways (collections of web resources that have been evaluated by subject experts)
- Internet for Classics (Virtual Training Suite tutorial)
- Library guide - an interactive introduction to the Library
- Borrowing and returning books
- Help with accessing e-resources
- Searching the Library Catalogue (tutorial)
- Searching for journal articles (tutorial)
- Finding information for your assignment: Search tips and techniques (tutorial)
- Citation searching
Find out who has referenced articles you are interested in
- Improving your search results (PDF)
- EndNote: guides, online tutorials, workshops
EndNote helps you manage your references and create a bibliography or reference list.
- Referencing tools
Information about different reference management tools.
- Social bookmarking
- Managing documents in Word (PDF)
- Managing information for your PhD
Interactive action maze to consider some of the issues relating to managing large amounts of information
How do you find the relevant information you need quickly?
Develop an awareness of the information sources available and techniques to use to be efficient and effective.
Groundless grounds : a study of Wittgenstein and Heidegger / Lee Braver.
Reference and referring / edited by William P. Kabasenche, Michael O'Rourke, and Matthew H. Slater.
The ethics of animal research : exploring the controversy / edited by Jeremy R. Garrett.
Aesthetics, method, and epistemology / Michel Foucault ; edited by James Faubion ; translated by Robert Hurley and others.
Properties / Douglas Edwards.
LULArtsTeam: Who's coming to this?!....Slow Down or You'll Miss it! Slow Art Day 2014 #bepartofit http://festival.yorkshire.com/events/slow-down-or-youll-miss-it!-slow-art-day-2014… via @YFest2014
LULArtsTeam: To allow for maintenance, some e-books (DawsonERA) will be unavailable from 7am - 9am, Saturday 5 April and 7am - 10am, Saturday 12 April.