Finding free content for reuse
When using material available for free or licensed for reuse, you must always credit the creator and the source.
- OpenDOAR: Search the content made available in Open Access repositories
- Google: To restrict your searches to content licensed for reuse, go to Google Advanced Search, expand the section on "Date, usage rights, region, and more", then select the type of licence under which you would like to the work be available
- Creative Commons: Search a number of websites for material licensed under Creative Commons.
- Flickr: To restrict your searches to content available under Creative Commons licences, go to the Advanced Search and select the Creative Commons option. You can also narrow your results according to whether you want to use the material for commercial purposes or modify the content.
You can also search under the Flickr Commons project, where cultural institutions make photographs with no known copyright restrictions available.
- Stock.XCHNG offers many images for free as long as the creator is credited.
- mobygratis.com: Music by Moby made available for inclusion in non-commercial films
- Free Music Archive: Music for free under different licences including Creative Commons
- dig.ccmixter: Search for music and A capellas available for download and remixing under Creative Commons licences
- Jamendo: Music available under Creative Commons licences.