0113 343 3822
|Subject resources||Getting started||Finding literature||Using literature|
- Find and evaluate websites
- Subject gateways (collections of web resources that have been evaluated by subject experts)
- Internet for English (Virtual Training Suite tutorial)
- Library guide - an interactive introduction to the Library
- Borrowing and returning books
- Help with accessing e-resources
- Searching the Library Catalogue (tutorial)
- Searching for journal articles (tutorial)
- Finding information for your assignment: Search tips and techniques (tutorial)
- Citation searching
Find out who has referenced articles you are interested in
- Improving your search results (PDF)
- EndNote: guides, online tutorials, workshops
EndNote helps you manage your references and create a bibliography or reference list.
- Referencing tools
Information about different reference management tools.
- Social bookmarking
- Managing documents in Word (PDF)
- Managing information for your PhD
Interactive action maze to consider some of the issues relating to managing large amounts of information
How do you find the relevant information you need quickly?
Develop an awareness of the information sources available and techniques to use to be efficient and effective.
John Ruskin : no wealth but life : a biography / John Batchelor.
Passions and subjectivity in early modern culture / edited by Brian Cummings and Freya Sierhuis.
Dreams & realities : versions of utopia in english fiction from Dickens to Byatt / Annette Gomis & Miguel Martínez (eds.).
Bluestockings displayed : portraiture, performance and patronage, 1730-1830 / edited by Elizabeth Eger.
Correspondence with George Cheyne / Samuel Richardson ; edited by David E. Shuttleton. Correspondence with Thomas Edwards ; edited by John A. Dussinger.
LULArtsTeam: It's World Book Day so pop into the Brotherton today and get that book you've been meaning to read http://www.un.org/en/events/bookday/…
LULArtsTeam: Leeds University Libraries will close at 5pm today, and re-open at 8am on Weds 23rd April. Enjoy the break everyone!