Online Library services will be unavailable between 8pm Wednesday 1 July and 2am Thursday 2 July
Grey literature is any information that is not produced by commercial publishers. It includes conference proceedings, theses, research reports, working papers, preprints, white papers and reports produced by government departments, academics, business and industry.
As it is not published by mainstream publishers grey literature can be hard to track down.
How to find grey literature
Contains research reports from many government departments, and some other bodies like the Royal Colleges.
- Search by keyword to browse a topic
- Use the advanced search by author (to find an individual or organisation)
- Select the "Library Catalogue" filter to view only items held by the Library.
- Copac is a merged online catalogue of major libraries in the UK and Ireland
- WorldCat shows the collections of more than 10,000 libraries worldwide.
Some include details of theses, conference papers and technical reports, as well as journal articles.
An open-access website offering information on grey literature (paper) produced in Europe. It includes documents from the fields of science, technology, biomedical science, economics, social science and humanities.