Online Library services will be unavailable between 8pm Wednesday 1 July and 2am Thursday 2 July
You can keep details of items from the Library Catalogue by downloading them or emailing them to yourself. This is called exporting references.
- Carry out your search
- From your search results, mark the items you wish to keep by clicking on the check box next to each item
- Choose the "Save Marked Records" button before moving onto a new page. You can continue to add items from other searches
- To export the references, click the "View Saved" button
- On the next screen, click next to "End-Note/RefWorks", then next to "Local Disk" on the right of the screen.
- Click on Submit. You will be prompted to save the resulting text file to your local drive (for example your M:).
Storing references in EndNote
EndNote is a reference-management package, available on all ISS cluster machines. EndNote support from Skills@Library.
- Save your references as a text file (as above)
- Go to your EndNote library. Click File, Import, then File. A new box will open
- Click Choose and go to where you saved the text file. Click Open.
Notice that the file name is now shown in the box
- Leave the bottom two options (Duplicates and Text Translation) unchanged
- Click on the Import Option drop-down menu and select Other Filters.
The Import Filter window will open.
- Scroll down to the LeedsUni-ClassicCatalogue filter, then click Choose
- Click Import (at the bottom of the box). Your results will appear in your EndNote library.