You can keep details of items from the Library Catalogue by downloading them or emailing them to yourself. This is called exporting references.
- Carry out your search
- From your search results, mark the items you wish to keep by clicking on the check box next to each item
- Choose the Save Marked Records button before moving onto a new page. You can continue to add items from other searches
- To export the references, click the View Saved button, followed by the Export References button on the next page
- Decide on the list format. Choose Full Display or Brief Display if you want to email or download the records. Brief Display will give you Author, Title, Imprint (Place of Publication, Publisher, Date of Publication)
- You can then either email the records to yourself or download them as a text file. If you email them, you'll see a message on the screen saying "E-mail sent".
Storing references in EndNote
(EndNote is a reference-management package, available on all ISS cluster machines. EndNote support from Skills@Library.)
- Save your references as a text file (as above)
- Go to your EndNote library. Click File, Import then File. A new box will open
- Click Choose and go to where you saved the text file. Click Open.
Notice that the file name is now shown in the box
- Leave the bottom two options (Duplicates and Text Translation) unchanged
- Click on the Import Option drop-down menu and select Other filters.
The Import Filter window will open.
- Scroll down to the LeedsUni-ClassicCatalogue filter, then click Choose
- Click Import (at the bottom of the box). Your results will appear in your EndNote library.