LUCID - Leeds University Corporate Information Direct
Leeds University Information and Research Service
How can we help you?
We offer individuals and organisations access to the specialist resources available at the University of Leeds libraries through daily or annual membership. We also provide a timely, cost effective and totally confidential research service for either brief or in-depth research projects on a pay-as-you-go basis.
What are the advantages of annual corporate membership?
- Access to all University of Leeds libraries - The Brotherton, Edward Boyle, Health Sciences and St James's Hospital libraries
- Borrowing of books and journals which can be renewed from your desktop
- On-site access to databases and other electronic resources subject to individual licensing agreements
- Reference facilities
- Document supply (supplementary charge applies)
- Discounted rates for use of research service.
What types of research do we undertake under our pay-as-you-go option?
- Specialist literature searches, eg for systematic reviews
- Company news and reports
- Current awareness/news alerting services
- Industry/market overviews
- Competitor monitoring
- UK and global statistics
- Mailing lists
- Advice and training on using EndNote to manage references.
Examples of research projects undertaken
- An assessment of the current UK financial services market
- Product and technical research for the roller-bearing industry
- Literature searching on Malaysian economy
- Evaluation and review of major databases for a government research agency.