Teaching: faculty team librarians deliver subject-focused teaching embedded within modules and as supplementary lectures and workshops.
Research help: your faculty team librarian gives advice on subject-specific information and resources.
Collection Management: in consultation with the school, faculty team librarians buy resources to support learning, teaching and research.
Liaison: Your faculty team librarian is the main point of contact between the Library and your faculty.
0113 343 5574
0113 343 5574
|Subject resources||Getting started||Finding literature||Using literature|
- Find and evaluate websites
- Subject gateways (collections of web resources that have been evaluated by subject experts)
- Internet for Mathematics (Virtual Training Suite tutorial)
- Library guide - an interactive introduction to the Library
- Borrowing and returning books
- Help with accessing e-resources
- Searching the Library Catalogue (tutorial)
- Searching for journal articles (tutorial)
- Finding information for your assignment: Search tips and techniques (tutorial)
- Citation searching
Find out who has referenced articles you are interested in
- Improving your search results (PDF)
- EndNote: guides, online tutorials, workshops
EndNote helps you manage your references and create a bibliography or reference list.
- Referencing tools
Information about different reference management tools.
- Social bookmarking
- Managing documents in Word (PDF)
- Managing information for your PhD
Interactive action maze to consider some of the issues relating to managing large amounts of information
How do you find the relevant information you need quickly?
Develop an awareness of the information sources available and techniques to use to be efficient and effective.