Performance and Cultural Industries
0113 343 3822
|Subject resources||Getting started||Finding literature||Using literature|
- Reading lists for Performance and Cultural Industries
- Reading lists (all subjects)
- Interpreting your reading list (tutorial)
- Find and evaluate websites
- Subject gateways (collections of web resources that have been evaluated by subject experts)
- Internet for Performing Arts (Intute (Virtual Training Suite tutorial))
- Library guide - an interactive introduction to the Library
- Borrowing and returning books
- Help with accessing e-resources
- Searching the Library Catalogue (tutorial)
- Searching for journal articles (tutorial)
- Finding information for your assignment: Search tips and techniques (tutorial)
- Citation searching
Find out who has referenced articles you are interested in
- Improving your search results (PDF)
- EndNote: guides, online tutorials, workshops
EndNote helps you manage your references and create a bibliography or reference list.
- Referencing tools
Information about different reference management tools.
- Social bookmarking
- Managing documents in Word (PDF)
- Managing information for your PhD
Interactive action maze to consider some of the issues relating to managing large amounts of information
How do you find the relevant information you need quickly?
Develop an awareness of the information sources available and techniques to use to be efficient and effective.
Sound and recording : applications and theory / Francis Rumsey and Tim McCormick.
HearSing : 75 exercises in listening and creating music / R. Murray Schafer.
Sound recording : the life story of a technology / David L. Morton, Jr.
Exploding : the highs, hits, hype, heroes, and hustlers of the Warner Music Group / Stan Cornyn with Paul Scanlon.
The last sultan : the life and times of Ahmet Ertegun / Robert Greenfield.
LULArtsTeam: Leeds University Libraries will close at 5pm today, and re-open at 8am on Weds 23rd April. Enjoy the break everyone!
LULArtsTeam: Who's coming to this?!....Slow Down or You'll Miss it! Slow Art Day 2014 #bepartofit http://festival.yorkshire.com/events/slow-down-or-youll-miss-it!-slow-art-day-2014… via @YFest2014