Teaching: faculty team librarians deliver subject-focused teaching embedded within modules and as supplementary lectures and workshops.
Research help: your faculty team librarian gives advice on subject-specific information and resources.
Collection Management: in consultation with the school, faculty team librarians buy resources to support learning, teaching and research.
Liaison: Your faculty team librarian is the main point of contact between the Library and your faculty.
0113 343 6974
0113 343 6974
|Subject resources||Getting started||Finding literature||Using literature|
- Find and evaluate websites
- Subject gateways (collections of web resources that have been evaluated by subject experts)
- Internet for Psychology (Virtual Training Suite tutorial)
- Library guide - an interactive introduction to the Library
- Borrowing and returning books
- Help with accessing e-resources
- Defining your search question
- Choosing the right information sources
- Deciding which databases to search
- Developing your database search strategy
- Refining your search
- Saving your search
- Documenting your search
- Managing your results
- Obtaining results not at Leeds
- Training and development opportunities
How do you find the relevant information you need quickly?
Develop an awareness of the information sources available and techniques to use to be efficient and effective.