Support for Research
Researchers both internal and external to the University are welcome to use our resources.
See visitor information for details of our procedures and opening hours.
What would you like to do?
- Search for material in our collections
- Find information about local and family history
- Find out about our copying services
- Check requirements for reusing and publishing
- Explore other archive catalogues (beyond Leeds University Library).
The following guides provide useful introductions to using archives for research
- Archives Hub "Using Archives: A Guide for the Inexperienced"
- Virtual Training Suite "Internet for Archives" online tutorial
- The National Archives "Understand the Archives" resources
- The National Archives: guides to reading old documents.
If you cannot find information you want, Special Collections staff have expert knowledge to ensure all search options have been exhausted. If you would like some help, contact us.