Limit your search
Before you search, you can use the drop-down menu to restrict your search to:
- Full Catalogue (the default option): searches all our collections in all the library buildings
- Electronic Resources: limits your search to >electronic journals, databases and e-books.
- Journals/Periodicals: limits your search to journal titles we subscribe to
- Special Collections: limits your search to the specialised and rare books, archives and manuscripts in Special Collections
Articles from journals are only listed in the catalogue if they are part of the High Demand Collection. Use the main Library search to find individual articles.
Advanced Keyword Search limits
There are more ways to limit your search using the advanced keyword search. You can limit your search by:
- available items (those not out on loan)
- location of the item (eg Edward Boyle Library)
- material type (eg sound recording, computer file etc)
- language of the item
- year of publication
You can also choose to sort the results by date, title, and relevance.
Refine your search results
This is useful if your search has produced a large number of records. When your search results appear on the screen, choose the Refine Search button at the top of the page.