Save item records
You can keep details of items from the Library Catalogue by downloading them or emailing them to yourself. This is called exporting references.
How to save item records:
- Carry out your search
- From your search results, mark the items you wish to keep by clicking on the check box next to each item
- Choose the "Save Marked Records" button before moving onto a new page. You can continue to add items from other searches
- To export the references, click the "View Saved" button
- On the next screen, click next to "End-Note/RefWorks", then next to "Local Disk" on the right of the screen.
- Click on Submit. You will be prompted to save the resulting text file to your local drive (for example your M:).
Store references in EndNote
EndNote is a reference management package, available in all IT cluster computers.
- Save your references as a text file (as above)
- Go to your EndNote library. Click File, Import, then File. A new box will open
- Click Choose and go to where you saved the text file. Click Open. Notice that the file name is now shown in the box
- Leave the bottom two options (Duplicates and Text Translation) unchanged
- Click on the Import Option drop-down menu and select Other Filters. The Import Filter window will open.
- Scroll down to the LeedsUni-ClassicCatalogue filter, then click Choose
- Click Import (at the bottom of the box). Your results will appear in your EndNote library.