Filters are useful for managing the items displayed within your search results page. Filters appear on the left side of the search results page.
You can filter your results by
- whether the full text of the item is available online or open access, or is recorded in the classic library catalogue
- which library building the item is held in
- what type of content the item is
- subject discipline
- publication date
Filters can be selected or deselected in the following ways:
- Click on the filter to see the results within it. Click again to remove the filter.
- Select More... to expand your view to all options. This opens in a new menu.
- At the top of the new menu, you can sort the values by either rank or alphabetical order by clicking the arrow icon.
- You can select more than one option from within the filter menu, but they do not take effect automatically.
- You need to click on the Apply button at the top of the filter menu to apply it to your search results.
Once selected a filter remains active until you select the Clear Filters link at the top of the menu.