Conditions of booking study space
Spaces are for essential use and for individual, silent study only.
Covid safety measures must be followed.
Maximum of three bookings at any one time.
Maximum of 7 hours in one booking.
Bookings can be made up to 7 days in advance.
Only book study spaces for your own use. You must not use your account to book spaces for others.
If you no longer need the space, please cancel using the link in the confirmation email.
Bring your University ID card to access the library and show your booking confirmation email (this can be printed or on the phone).
Please arrive no more than five minutes before your booking. You may need to queue at peak times.
Wear a face mask at all times in the Library.
Follow the one-way signage to find your numbered seat. Please only use your assigned study space. Moving desks could have implications for any track and trace activity needed.
You must check in online within the first 30 minutes of your booked session or it will be cancelled.
If you leave the library during your booking, please take your belongings with you.
If you finish your study early, please check out of your study seat in the system so the space becomes available.
At the end of your booked study slot, please leave the library promptly as your space will be booked by another user and the Covid-safe capacity of the building is limited.
The Library is for essential use only at the present time. The Department for Education defines essential use primarily to support the following categories of students:
- those studying medicine, dentistry, nursing and other subjects allied to medicine/health, education (initial teacher training) and social work
- those on a very limited number of courses which require Professional, Statutory and Regulatory Body (PSRB) assessments and/or other PSRB mandatory activity
- those requiring additional support, including those with mental health and wellbeing issues
- and, in exceptional circumstances, those who do not have access to appropriate study spaces or facilities in their accommodation.
Please think very carefully before you book a library study space so that they can be used by those who need them most, and so that we continue to play our part in reducing the number of visits to campus and so reduce the spread of the virus.
Please use the University’s coronavirus testing facility regularly if you use our study space.
The Library is a Covid secure environment. Please help us keep everyone safe by following our Covid-19 safety measures.
We regularly check compliance with Covid guidelines, including:
- use of face coverings at all times
- following the one-way systems
- keeping a two metre social distance at all times.
If you don’t follow this guidance we reserve the right to ask you to leave, in order to keep our staff and other students safe.
We’d welcome your views on how the study space system works for you. Please use our study space feedback form to tell us what you think.