The Holden Library is the working library for clergy. The extensive collection includes books on all matters of religion from the year 1522 to the present. Holden members can also borrow items from other parts of the University Library.
Who can join the Library
The following are eligible to join the Library:
- Clergy licensed in the Anglican dioceses of West Yorkshire and the Dales
- Clergy of the Roman Catholic diocese of Leeds
- Ministers of the Methodist Church (Leeds District and West Yorkshire District)
- Ministers of any other Christian diocese/denomination which applies for membership and contributes the annual subscription
- Candidates for ordination in any of the above-mentioned denominations
Register to use the Library
To register, come to any Library reception desk during core hours. Bring along the following:
- some photo ID
- a letter on headed paper from a recognised member of the clergy (such as your minister or bishop) that states your position in the church
- a completed membership form (PDF).
The borrowing entitlement for clerical members is six books for two weeks and four 1-day loans. You may not borrow from the High Demand collections.
You also have access to e-resources that permit other users from guest PCs within the library buildings.