The Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) require that you:
- Write a data management plan (DMP) for all projects.
- Include DMP within project documentation – submission with the grant application is not required.
- Include any data management costs within the grant application.
- Create descriptive metadata within 12 months of data being generated.
- Deposit data in any suitable data repository.
- Include a data statement with any publication.
- Obtain a DOI for your data.
- Email draft plans for comment to the Research Data team.
EPSRC guidance and examples
You should refer to the EPSRC policy framework for research data. This provides guidance on EPSCRC principles, expectations, timescales, and responsibilities.