The Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) require that you:
- Write a data management and sharing plan of three A4 pages or fewer for all projects.
- Submit your plan as part of the Je-S application process.
- Use font Arial or Times New Roman, size 12.
- Deposit data with the UK Data Service (in most cases, into the ReShare repository).
- Email draft plans for comment to the Research Data team.
ESRC guidance and examples
You should refer to the following ESRC guidance:
- ESRC Data Policy
- ESRC Data Management Planning Guidance provided by UKDS
- ESRC Data Management requirements via Je-S
It might also be useful to take a look at this ESRC sample plan (PDF), which looks at managing quantitative and qualitative data, including audio interviews. The plan discusses ethical issues around a very sensitive dataset, including using consent and anonymisation to generate data that can be shared and reused.