Five things you need to know about Christmas at the Library
With the end of term fast approaching, here are the key things about Library access for Christmas 2018.
1. Opening hours
All on-campus libraries will remain open until Sunday 23 December at 5pm (St James’s closes on Friday 21 December at 5pm). We will reopen on Wednesday 2 January at 8am (St James’s will open at 9am)
2. Returning books
- You can check the status of your loans by looking at your Library account, the UniLeeds App or in Minerva.
- We will email your university email account to tell you if a book you have is recalled and by what date it needs to be returned. Any books recalled while we’re closed won't accrue fines until the return date requested in the email.
- Books can be returned to the book slot at the Laidlaw Library, to any other libraries from Wednesday 2 January or can be returned by post, if you’re not coming back in January
- If you have lost a book or have any questions about returning books, get in touch.
3. Online resources
Only the physical buildings are closed – you can still access the full range of online resources including:
- ebooks and journals via Library Search
- subject-specific research databases to find journal articles and research papers
- academic skills advice from Skills@Library and research guidance on open access and research data from Researcher@Library.
You may wish to use Desktop Anywhere for more seamless access to online resources, without having to log in every time.
4. Festive study spaces
5. Early next year
The Laidlaw Library will open 24 hours from Monday 14 January and will remain open throughout the exam period.
The Library team wishes you all the best for this holiday season and a very happy new year