Extra extra! Read all about it!
Online access to the Financial Times plus extended newspaper archives available now
We've a new online subscription to The Financial Times available to all University staff and students.
The first time you access the FT.com website you will need to create an account using your Leeds email address. The FT site will recognise the “leeds.ac.uk” part and redirect to our login page. You will then be able to see the full text of articles. If you already have an FT account, everything will transfer over so you won’t lose your alerts. You’ll be guided through the re-registration process.
University staff and students can also access the Times Higher Education for free, negotiated by the Library earlier this year.
Other new purchases include two brand new archives:
- Telegraph Historical Archive: searchable full text from the first issue of the Daily Telegraph (1855–2000)
- Daily Mail Historical Archive: searchable full text from the first issue of the Daily Mail (1896–2004)
We've also increased the range of years we can access for some of our existing archives:
- Economist (now 1843–2014)
- Financial Times Archive (now 1888–2016)
- New York Times (now 1851–2014)
- Times Digital Archive (now 1785–2012)