The University campus is home to an extensive range of public art.
Public art enhances the experience of students, staff, local communities and visitors, and reflects the academic research themes and learning activities of University life.
Highlights of public art on campus include:
- Keith Wilson’s Sign for Art (Stelae, 2014)
- Eric Gill’s Christ driving the Moneychangers from the Temple
- Lorna Green’s Meet, Sit, and Talk, Conversation and Roof Garden
- Quentin Bell’s Levitating Figure, known as The Dreamer
- William Chattaway’s Hermes/The Spirit of Enterprise and Walking Figure
- Mitzi Cunliffe’s Man-Made Fibres
- Austin Wright’s Limbo
View an online exhibition of some of the public art on campus.
If you would like to explore on campus, download our Public Art trail (PDF), which tells the stories of individual works, their creators and patrons, and provides their locations.