Due to staff illness we will be opening the Brotherton library at 11am
0113 343 5542
|Subject resources||Getting started||Finding literature||Using literature|
- Find and evaluate websites
- Subject gateways (collections of web resources that have been evaluated by subject experts)
- Internet for Civil Engineering (Virtual Training Suite tutorial)
- Library guide - an interactive introduction to the Library
- Borrowing and returning books
- Help with accessing e-resources
- Searching the Library Catalogue (tutorial)
- Searching for journal articles (tutorial)
- Web searching (tutorial)
- Finding information for your assignment: Search tips and techniques (tutorial)
- Citation searching
Find out who has referenced articles you are interested in
- Improving your search results (PDF)
- EndNote: guides, online tutorials, workshops
EndNote helps you manage your references and create a bibliography or reference list.
- Referencing tools
Information about different reference management tools.
- Social bookmarking
- Managing documents in Word (PDF)
- Managing information for your PhD
Interactive action maze to consider some of the issues relating to managing large amounts of information
How do you find the relevant information you need quickly?
Develop an awareness of the information sources available and techniques to use to be efficient and effective.
LULSciEngTeam: Avoid holiday fines! http://library.leeds.ac.uk/news/article/111/avoid_holiday_fines…
LULSciEngTeam: Boost your effectiveness with our Skills collection. You'll find it on level 8 of the Edward Boyle Library: http://library.leeds.ac.uk/news/article/60/before_you_studystudy…