In algebra letters and other symbols are used to represent numbers in equations. Algebra studies how equations involving a mix of numbers and symbols can be manipulated and rearranged.
Algebra gives you the tools to formulate and solve mathematical problems, and develop your reasoning and problem-solving skills.
Watch our videos below to learn how to rearrange and solve linear and quadratic equations.
Click on the 3-bar menu icon in the top left of the video to navigate to different sections. The playlist overview is below.
- Substitution into a formula
- Simplifying algebraic expressions
- Expanding brackets and collecting like terms 1
- Expanding brackets and collecting like terms 2
- Rearranging formulae
- Solving linear equations 1
- Solving linear equations 2
- Solving simultaneous equations
- Factorising: simple expressions
- Factorising: quadratics 1
- Factorising: quadratics 2 (difference of 2 squares)
- Factorising: quadratics 3
- Completing the square 1
- Completing the square 2
- Solving quadratic equations 1 - factorising
- Solving quadratic equations 2 - formula
- Solving quadratic equations 3 - completing the square