|Subject resources||Getting started||Finding literature||Using literature|
- Find and evaluate websites
- Subject gateways (collections of web resources that have been evaluated by subject experts)
- Internet for Media and Communication (Virtual Training Suite tutorial)
- Library guide - an interactive introduction to the Library
- Borrowing and returning books
- Help with accessing e-resources
- Searching the Library Catalogue (tutorial)
- Searching for journal articles (tutorial)
- Finding information for your assignment: Search tips and techniques (tutorial)
- Citation searching
Find out who has referenced articles you are interested in
- Improving your search results (PDF)
- EndNote: guides, online tutorials, workshops
EndNote helps you manage your references and create a bibliography or reference list.
- Referencing tools
Information about different reference management tools.
- Social bookmarking
- Managing documents in Word (PDF)
- Managing information for your PhD
Interactive action maze to consider some of the issues relating to managing large amounts of information
How do you find the relevant information you need quickly?
Develop an awareness of the information sources available and techniques to use to be efficient and effective.
Journalism and memory / edited by Barbie Zelizer and Keren Tenenboim-Weinblatt.
The Routledge companion to media and gender / edited by Cynthia Carter, Linda Steiner and Lisa McLaughlin.
The ringtone dialectic : economy and cultural form / Sumanth Gopinath.
Journalism across cultures : an introduction / by Levi Obijiofor, Folker Hanusch.
The Black press : new literary and historical essays / edited by Todd Vogel.
LULArtsTeam: Should nature be conserved, or a resource to be exploited? Join our free online course starting 31 March:http://bit.ly/1ncAy2U #fldecisions
LULArtsTeam: @LULArtsTeam Please can you RT? 'Thrive, don't just survive the PhD!' 1-day conference-deadline to register 17/03: http://www.leaptraining.leeds.ac.uk/news/a-leap-hub-sponsored-conference-thrive-dont-just-survive-the-phd/… …