Leeds University Corporate Information Direct
How can we help you?
We offer individuals and organisations access to the specialist resources available at Leeds University Library through annual membership. We offer specialist literature searching services for the health and biomedical community from proposal stage to project completion.
What are the advantages of annual corporate membership?
- Access to all University of Leeds libraries - The Brotherton, Edward Boyle, Health Sciences and St James's Hospital libraries
- Borrowing of books and journals which can be renewed from your desktop
- On-site access to databases and other electronic resources subject to individual licensing agreements
- Reference facilities
- Document supply (supplementary charge applies)
- Discounted rates for use of research service.
What types of research are available under our pay-as-you-go research service?
- Specialist literature searches, eg for systematic reviews
- Advice and training on using EndNote to manage references.
Examples of research projects undertaken
- Advice on costing literature searches for grant bids
- Scoping searches to identify key information sources
- Advice and training on using EndNote to manage references
- Advice on writing up literature searching methodology in research reports
- Literature searches for systematic reviews and other comprehensive literature reviews, for example:
- Literature searching and reference management for Cochrane systematic review on information provision for patients following stroke
- Literature searching for Lancet Seminar Review on Frailty in the Elderly
- Literature searching and reference management for qualitative review on strategies to identify and evaluate best practices in diagnosis and treatment of inflammatory arthritis disease
What will it cost?
Charges are based on an hourly rate and will vary according to the time taken and resources utilised. Your requests will be discussed fully with you before any work is undertaken and quotes and timescales will be provided.