Heating will be off in the morning of Saturday, 22nd December for essential maintenance. The Health Sciences Library will be unaffected.
0113 343 5542
|Subject resources||Getting started||Finding literature||Using literature|
- Reading lists for Process, Environmental and Materials Engineering
- Reading lists (all subjects)
- Interpreting your reading list (tutorial)
- Find and evaluate websites
- Subject gateways (collections of web resources that have been evaluated by subject experts)
- Internet for Chemical Engineering (Virtual Training Suite tutorial)
- Internet for Petroleum Engineering (Virtual Training Suite tutorial)
- Library guide - an interactive introduction to the Library
- Borrowing and returning books
- Help with accessing e-resources
- Searching the Library Catalogue (tutorial)
- Searching for journal articles (tutorial)
- Finding information for your assignment: Search tips and techniques (tutorial)
- Citation searching
Find out who has referenced articles you are interested in
- Improving your search results (PDF)
- EndNote: guides, online tutorials, workshops
EndNote helps you manage your references and create a bibliography or reference list.
- Referencing tools
Information about different reference management tools.
- Social bookmarking
- Managing documents in Word (PDF)
- Managing information for your PhD
Interactive action maze to consider some of the issues relating to managing large amounts of information
How do you find the relevant information you need quickly?
Develop an awareness of the information sources available and techniques to use to be efficient and effective.
Energiewende nach Fukushima : deutscher Sonderweg oder weltweites Vorbild? / Peter Hennicke; Paul J. J. Welfens.
Microbial fuel cells / Bruce E. Logan.
Clean coal : a clean, secure and affordable alternative / Tony Lodge.
Energy systems and sustainability / edited by Godfrey Boyle, Bob Everett and Janet Ramage.
The new science of strong materials : or, why you don't fall through the floor / [by] J. E. Gordon.
LULSciEngTeam: Watch Peter Higgs’ Nobel lecture online: http://www.nobelprize.org/mediaplayer/index.php?id=1990… #CERN
LULSciEngTeam: Christmas Cluster opening times - there are still 24 hour clusters open! http://goo.gl/2OdpBB