0113 343 5575
|Subject resources||Getting started||Finding literature||Using literature|
- Find and evaluate websites
- Subject gateways (collections of web resources that have been evaluated by subject experts)
- Internet for Geography (Virtual Training Suite tutorial)
- Library guide - an interactive introduction to the Library
- Borrowing and returning books
- Help with accessing e-resources
- Searching the Library Catalogue (tutorial)
- Searching for journal articles (tutorial)
- Finding information for your assignment: Search tips and techniques (tutorial)
- Citation searching
Find out who has referenced articles you are interested in
- Improving your search results (PDF)
- EndNote: guides, online tutorials, workshops
EndNote helps you manage your references and create a bibliography or reference list.
- Referencing tools
Information about different reference management tools.
- Social bookmarking
- Managing documents in Word (PDF)
- Managing information for your PhD
Interactive action maze to consider some of the issues relating to managing large amounts of information
How do you find the relevant information you need quickly?
Develop an awareness of the information sources available and techniques to use to be efficient and effective.
The regeneration of east Manchester : a political analysis / Georgina Blakeley & Brendan Evans.
Environmental cooperation in Southeast Asia : ASEAN's regime for trans-boundary haze pollution / Paruedee Nguitragool.
Mixed communities : gentrification by stealth? / edited by Gary Bridge, Tim Butler and Loretta Lees.
Spatial simulation : exploring pattern and process / David O'Sullivan and George L.W. Perry, University of Auckland, Te Whare Wānanga o Tāmaki Makaurau, New Zealand.
Urban rivers : remaking rivers, cities, and space in Europe and North America / edited by Stephane Castonguay and Matthew Evenden.
LULSciEngTeam: Library Sustainability Fair and Sustainability Area launch on 12 March, 12-3 in Edward Boyle Library. Free smoothies! http://library.leeds.ac.uk/sustainability
LULSciEngTeam: Search over 70 UK and Irish academic, national & specialist library catalogues with COPAC: http://copac.ac.uk/