The Edward Boyle, Brotherton and Health Sciences Libraries are self-service, though they do have staffed hours.
Only those with a valid Library membership card will be admitted during self-service hours.
Our self-service system can be accessed either through the Self Issue units in the Libraries or online, via your Library record. You do not need to be on campus to log in to your record online.
What can I do during self-service hours?
What can only be done during staffed hours?
Registering as a new user
Collecting theses or document supply items
Paying fines in cash
Renewing books over the phone.
*The self-service system will not allow you to borrow, renew or collect items if you:
- Have reached the fine limit (£30 for undergraduates, £50 for staff and postgraduates). Use the secure online payment service during self-service hours to pay your fines.
- Have reached your maximum number of items on loan.
- Have overdue items on your record. You may be able to renew these using self-service.
If you cannot resolve these issues online, you will need to come back during staffed hours.
How do I use the Self Issue units?
Watch one of our short videos to see how to:
- check out items using self service
- return items using self service in the Edward Boyle Library
- return items using self service in the Brotherton and Health Sciences libraries.