Our individual silent study space is for essential use only and must be booked in advance. We can remain open by following government guidance for Covid-safety, please read and follow our Covid-19 safety measures. If you don’t follow these measures, we reserve the right to ask you to leave, in order to keep our staff and other students safe.
View the full list of bookable and walk-in study space on campus on the For Students website.
If you are a postgraduate student from an institution with an access agreement, please email email@example.com to book a place.
Watch our video on how to book a space and what you need to do when you get to the library. Information about how to access and use your study space is also included in your confirmation email. Please read this carefully.
Study space is limited, so to make it as fair as possible and to allow a greater number of people to access the space, the following limits are in place:
- you can book up to 7 days in advance
- you can have up to three bookings at any one time. As soon as one of your sessions is complete (or you cancel) you can make another booking
- you can book a maximum of 7 hours per session
- you must check in online within the first 30 minutes of your booked session or it will be cancelled.
If you book a space and no longer need it, please cancel your booking to release the space for someone else.
See the full terms and conditions for study space.
We continually review the use of our spaces, listen to student feedback and monitor government guidance. We may make further changes, including potentially lowering the limit, if needed.
Use our study space feedback form to give us your views.
Keeping you safe
Please help us keep everyone safe by following our Covid-19 safety measures.
- Wear a face covering at all times in the library, unless you are exempt.
- Use the clearly marked areas and floor markings to navigate around the building
- Study spaces have been marked in line with current social distancing guidelines, only use the desk you are assigned
- Use the sanitisation stations throughout the Library
- Clean your study desk before and after you use it and put the used wipes in the general waste bins
- Take all your belongings with you when you have finished
- Do not browse or take books from the shelves, use click and collect to order the books you need
- Wash your hands regularly.
These measures are in line with the University’s Working Together to Stay Safe Guidelines.
Please contact us by email or webchat if you have any enquiries. The enquiry desks in the Library are not currently open.