Visit Special Collections
Everyone is welcome to use Special Collections but you will need to book an appointment in order to allow us time to retrieve the items you wish to view. Here is some guidance to help you prepare and make the most of your visit:
- Please search our catalogues and databases online in advance to aid your research.
- Then contact us with the date of your visit and the list of items you wish to view [max. 10 items]. We will retrieve your requested items in advance and have them waiting on your arrival. We will require at least two working days notice.
- Some Special Collections material is held at our Western Campus Store and these items take longer to retrieve, but you can request them in advance using the request function on the catalogue. You will be notified by email when this material is available to consult at Special Collections.
Staff and students
- You simply need to bring your staff or student ID card in order to use Special Collections.
Non-members of the University of Leeds
- Please bring photo ID with confirmation of signature and current address (eg passport or driving licence, University/College ID, Library card, Bank card) on your first visit in order to register with us. You will be issued with a visitor pass to exit and re-enter the building for the length of your visit. You will be assigned a username and password to enable access to our catalogue PCs.
- For more information about reading and borrowing entitlements within the University Library, see the main Leeds University Library membership page.