- You are here:
- About the Library
About the Library
|Who we are||Library locations||What we're doing||Strategy and policies|
Who we are
Leeds University Library is one of the major academic research libraries of the UK, attracting students and scholars from around the world to its rich and extensive print, online and manuscript collections gathered during its 100-year history.
With over 2.8 million print and 500,000 online books, and more than 37,000 print and online journals, the Library welcomes almost two million visitors borrowing three million items every year.
Our staff provide specialist support, information literacy and academic skills teaching, so that students and staff find, use and apply the information they need effectively.
The Library offers a variety of study environments, with over 3,900 study spaces across its four campus buildings, from silent individual study to vibrant group work areas. There are extensive computer facilities and the Library is wireless enabled throughout for laptop use.
What we're doing
Measuring our performance
White Rose University Libraries are working with OCLC GreenGlass to map and analyse library collections to discover collection strengths and duplication.
Find out more...
Information on all current and completed projects.
Acting on your feedback
We value and act on customer feedback:
The Library is undertaking a number of building works projects, including:
Edward Boyle Library
The extensively refurbished Edward Boyle Library opened fully in January 2017.
Treasures of the Brotherton Gallery
A new Library Gallery opened in February 2016 to make our Special Collections publicly available for all.
Strategy and policies
- Library regulations
- Library Partnership
- User behaviour policy
- University health and safety policy
- Library health and safety policy statement (PDF)
- Public sector information directive
- Library environmental statement
- Library strategic plan 2016-2021: Powering knowledge and opportunity (DOCX)
- Academic skills strategy (PDF)
- Collection care policy (PDF)
- Special Collections development policy (PDF)
- Special Collections and Art Collection loan policy (PDF)
- Special Collections student support policy (PDF)
- Digitisation strategy (PDF)
- Space plan 2014-2020 (PDF)