You can do most things in the library using our self-service facilities, as long as you have a valid Library membership card.
Borrowing and returning items
You can borrow and return items using our self-service machines.
The self-service system will not allow you to borrow or collect items if:
- you've reached the fine limit of £35
- you've already borrowed the maximum number of items
- there are very overdue items on your account.
Book a room
You can book a group room or booth at any time using our room booking system. Book in advance to avoid disappointment.
Managing your account and requesting items
You can also complete the following tasks online, whether on or off campus:
- check your Library account and pay fines online
- request items from stores
- email an enquiry
- request items from other libraries through Document Supply.
If you cannot resolve these issues online, you will need to contact us during core hours.
What can only be done during core hours?
The following are not self-service and so you need to do them during core hours:
- complete a registration as a new user
- collect theses or document supply items
- Pay fines in person
- Renew books over the phone.