Don't forget that you can use other public or national libraries, as well as university libraries.
Leeds and other public libraries
If you wish to use a Leeds public library, you can either join online or at any of the Leeds libraries. Membership is free and anyone can join.
Other public libraries may require you to live locally to join. Check with your local council.
It's Research Collection at Boston Spa, near Wetherby, holds over 7 million items and hosts the Library's major collections of British and overseas newspapers.
The British Library's St Pancras site in central London has 11 Reading Rooms, which each specialise in different subject areas.
To use either of these you must register for a British Library Reader Pass.
Search other library catalogues
If you need to look for items in libraries beyond Leeds University Library, you could try the catalogues below:
- Explore the British Library: access to the main British Library Catalogue, as well as links to specialist resources from the British Library.
- Copac: search the catalogues of the major UK academic research libraries and the national libraries of the UK and Ireland. It includes the catalogues of the British Library and Leeds University Library.
- WorldCat: search the holdings of major national libraries and academic libraries around the world. You can list the locations of any items you find and link directly to the local library catalogue.
- M25 Consortium of Academic Libraries: search the catalogues of libraries in London and the South East.
- Suncat: search to locate journals held in libraries across the UK.