Contact Research Services
The Research Services Teams will answer queries, comments or suggestions from staff and postgraduate researchers.
The Library’s Research Support and Research Data Management teams provide academics and PhD researchers with guidance, support, training and resources to help manage research projects and publish outputs.
The Research Support Team provides help and advice on making your research open access, how to comply with REF and funder requirements, and what support and funding is available to you. The team is partly responsible for Symplectic, the University publications database and offers routes to open access publishing through White Rose Universities repositories and White Rose Press.
The Research Data Management Team helps you manage your research data and increase the impact of your research. They are primarily an advisory service with a focus on RCUK funders, Wellcome, CRUK and Horizon 2020. They manage the institutional research data repository, which includes allocation of digital object identifiers for data.
The teams are based in the Research Hub on Level 13 of the Edward Boyle Library.
How we can help
The Research Support Team offers:
- open access advice
- support with REF open access requirements
- White Rose digital publishing
- research skills development (online and workshops, covering literature searching, EndNote and referencing)
- repositories for research papers, etheses and research data
- literature searching service to support research aligned with the University’s strategic priorities
- bibliometrics advice.
The Research Data Management Team provides practical assistance with: