With enough planning and practice you should be able to deliver an effective presentation.
If you are giving a presentation for the first time, you may be wondering what it will feel like to be the presenter rather than the audience. Every presentation is a learning experience, so reflecting on how it went afterwards might also be a useful exercise.
Here are some things to remember:
- Face the audience, don’t talk to the screen.
- Make eye contact with the audience. Don’t just focus on one person; engage the whole audience.
- Don't rely on a script. Use cue cards so you don't forget what you are saying.
- Talk clearly and loudly and with sufficient pauses.
- Take note of your body language. If you look confident, this will help you to feel confident.
Watch this short video for some useful tips on how to give a presentation. Keep these tips in mind when practising your presentation to help you feel more confident: