The University has several policies, codes of practice and protocols that are key to the safe processing and preparation of your research data.
Make sure you're familiar with the following University policies and know how they affect your research. Please contact the Research Data Leeds service if you need help.
Your data management plan should set out how you will comply with these University safeguards, as well as any other data sharing agreement entered into with a third party.
University policies and procedures regarding research data:
- University Information Protection Policy (IPP): this sets out the requirements around the safe sharing of unclassified, confidential, and highly confidential data.
- University risk assessment for security of data
- Data protection at the University
- Research ethics policy and ethical approval
- Professional integrity in research
- Informed consent protocol
- Policy on safeguarding children, young persons and adults in vulnerable circumstances (PDF)
- Research data management policy