EndNote is software that helps you to collect and manage all the references you have found from different sources. You can use EndNote to insert and format in-text citations and bibliographies within Microsoft Word documents.
How to access EndNote
The different ways to access the EndNote software at the University of Leeds are:
- in all University cluster computers and on your personal computer or laptop (Windows and Mac).
- through the Windows Virtual Desktop
- through an EndNote Online account – this has fewer features than the desktop version but allows you to sync your library between different devices and access it from a browser.
- using an EndNote app for iPad – with limited functionality.
Help and guidance
These EndNote webpages will give you the help you need to get started with EndNote, including how to:
- create and add references and full text documents to your EndNote library
- add citations and reference lists into Word documents
- format your references with EndNote output styles, including Leeds Harvard, Numeric and MHRA
- use alternative EndNote types so you can cite and reference information sources that are less common
- organise your library using EndNote groups so you can manage references for different projects
- set up an EndNote Online account for working on different devices or with other people.
For further assistance, check our troubleshooting and FAQs section, which includes top tips and further help links and videos to follow.