At the University of Leeds, most students are expected to use one of two styles: Leeds Harvard or Leeds Numeric.
We have created EndNote output styles for these, as well as a Leeds version of the MHRA style (which was created to fix some issues with the MHRA style provided by EndNote).
Download these output styles:
If you need to download the OSCOLA style, you can access it from the EndNote website.
Save styles on your own device
If you are using EndNote on your own laptop or computer then you will need to download the appropriate style and move it into the folder that contains all of EndNote's other output styles.
For Windows devices:
- Look in your Downloads folder for the style file (ending .ens).
- Copy the file using right-click to Copy or use Ctrl+c.
- Navigate to the folder where EndNote styles are saved – this is usually in: Program Files — EndNote — Styles.
- Right-click and Paste (or Ctrl+v) to add the copied style to the Styles folder.
For Mac devices:
- Look in your Downloads for the style file (ending .ens).
- Copy the file using Cmd+c.
- Navigate to the folder where EndNote styles are saved – this should be in: Applications — EndNote — Styles.
- Use Cmd+v to paste the copied style into the Styles folder.
Once the file is saved in the Styles folder, it should appear as an option when you reformat your bibliography. Go to the EndNote tab in Word and use the Style drop-down menu to select your new style. You may need to choose “Select Another Style…” to be able to find the new style in the list of all available styles.
Save styles on a University computer
If you are using EndNote off-campus using the Virtual Windows Desktop, or a University computer to which you don’t have administrator rights, then you should:
- Create a new folder on your computer where you do have permissions to save. Call the new folder "Styles".
- Download and save the style to the folder.
- Open EndNote and choose "Edit", then "Preferences" from the menu.
- In the new window, click on "Folder locations".
- A box called "Style folder" will appear.
- In the “Style Folder” section, choose "Select folder". Navigate to and select the "Styles" folder you created in step 1. Click “OK”.
The style should now be one of the options in the Style drop-down menu on the EndNote toolbar in Word.